Pages

Translate

Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Monday


(for the week 9/11-9/17) We are on a budget where every dollar counts. And while I'm not a couponer by any means I shop generic when I can, fresh every chance I get and hardly buy anything that's not on sale.







How do I do it?

<--- Well first my life is organized on this calendar. Every game, every practice, every appointment is penciled in here. I check it to see what nights I have time to cook and what evenings I need a good meal quick! Then I get out my menu notebook and jot down dinner/breakfast and even snack ideas for the week.


My grocery list is created from that menu and what follows is really what we ate this week. Maybe you'll be inspired to try something new. Gather your family around the table and make some time for real food and togetherness! Enjoy this week's Menu Monday....


Sunday
Waffle Maker Waffles for Brunch
(I make the waffles the kids add their own toppings. This photo is my oldest son's plate. As you can imagine he got in trouble for using so much whipped cream) 
Sandwiches for lunch
Cereal for dinner

Monday
Tator tot casserole
(I adore this simple dish and hubby loves it as a leftover)

Tuesday
we tailgated with sandwiches as Ebay had a football game

Wednesday
Spaghetti & Meatballs with Garlic Bread
(don't think for a second that I make meatballs - I don't! But I do look at the ingredient list as some are nothing but fillers. Look for all beef meatballs for your healthiest option!)

tastykitchen.com
Thursday
Pioneer Woman General Tso's Chicken with Broccoli and Rice
(my family raved!! about this new recipe! and they never rave! While it's not an easy meal to put together it was worth it! We loved it! I doubled the recipe and made 2# of chicken and it was still delicious for lunch as a leftover)

Friday
we were invited out - thanks Perry's!

Saturday
Red Potato Soup with fresh bread
(I didn't love this soup recipe. I won't make it again. I wanted to make Julie's recipe but she didn't get it to me in time. I'll try your version next time McV! Also, I buy the frozen bread dough that raises practically on it's own ... all you have to do is bake it and the house smells heavenly!)





p.s. I've recently learned that this idea is not a unique one!

1. Kate Gosselin announced on Twitter that she would be posting her own Menu Monday and

2. I found Menu Plan Monday on this cool website where a whole bunch of menu planners post their stuff each week!


http://orgjunkie.com/menu-plan-monday-guidelines








Good news should travel .... if you enjoyed my blog won't you consider forwarding it on? OR sign up and I'll send my blogs directly into your email box. Thanks for reading!


Delivered by FeedBurner