Pages

Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Menu Monday




So we cooked a bird for Thanksgiving a 14 pounder! That means leftovers!
Yum! What else did I feed my family this week?? Well, after I looked at the calendar, checked the pantry, I made a meal plan and then a grocery list! This is what a hungry family of 5 eats when their mamma is on a tight budget and works 2 part time jobs!
I need it fast..
I need it cheap..
I needs it to be somewhat good for them...
It needs to include Turkey...

Monday
Turkey Tetrazinni
(the longest meal to prep but I had a full 30 minutes this night!)
Tuesday
Spaghetti & Meatballs w Garlic Bread & Salad
(frozen meatballs in pot w Jar of favorite sauce + boiled noodles + toasted bread = 10 minutes tops!)

Wednesday
Potato Chip Casserole
(make a head!)

Thursday
Haystacks
(if you ground up your beef ahead of time = 10 minutes)

Friday
Turkey Salad served on croissants with chips & carrots

Saturday
Chili
(crockpot style! precooked beef + seasoning packet w directions + 6 hours later = delicious!)
Sunday
Texas Toast French Toast
(because sandwich bread gets all flat when you dip it in egg)

*many of these meals were a snap because I had the leftover turkey...but this menu can be used if you cook a chicken one day when your schedule allows then debone and save the meat. S'nAP!



if you would like to have my blogs emailed directly enter your address in the box below! Thanks for reading!


Delivered by FeedBurner