Pages

Translate

Monday, July 21, 2014

Menu Monday


Mom of 5 (thats me!), went to work full time in June.  That's JUNE! The month school got out and our daughter returned home from her freshman year of college. JUNE where DH had a semester off before the final push towards graduation. And yes, JUNE where even the other four kids were released from the confines of school yard only to wander aimlessly between the pool and my pantry.   Yep, everyone got home the same time I went to work. So ......  depending on how one looks at it you could say I have the world's best or worst timing. 

That said, Menu Monday has been a wee bit challenging but no worries! I know eventually we'll find our groove. For summer I tried something different. I relinquished planning menus and transferred that responsibility to my family. 

I ask each member to pick a meal they like, I make a corresponding grocery list and DH (bless his heart) does the shopping. Then each evening, who ever choose the meal for that day, would begin dinner prep for me and in return, I teach them how to prepare that meal. 

It's been great! I get some one on one time with the kids, they learn how to do a little cooking and I'm not slaving away all day and all night! 
Win/Win

Now more than ever I treasure family dinner. It can be a struggle to make it happen but it's worth it as this article from The Atlantic recently reminded me. The stats don't change, folks. Breaking bread together is a tremendous way to keep ourselves mentally, AND physically nourished!


 Here's what we had to eat this week with links!

Also, as always, I'm linking my Menu Monday up with orgjunkie. She has the largest linkup I've
seen! Its a great resource if you love gathering recipes.


Sunday - Chili Sauce Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli Salad & Cheddar Biscuits
Monday - Blue Cheese Burgers & Potatoes on the grill
Tuesday - Fettuccine Alfredo 
Wednesday - (Family Fav!!) Cheeseburger Wraps & Tator Tots
Friday - Chicken Patty Sandwiches & Macaroni & Cheese

Be sure to follow me on Pinterest! All our Tribe approved recipes are on my 'For My Recipe Box' linked below. Enjoy!