Pages

Translate

Monday, January 13, 2014

Menu Monday


Welcome to Menu Monday on To Write a Better Story.

As I looked over my schedule this week I saw lots of activities; lots of games.
It could be insane.
I can't change that.
I get this life.
It's a good, robust experience and to that end I want it to be as great as I can make it. That's why I plan.
It's why I love to cook & nourish my family. I love to gather them round our table and care for them.





So in order for that to happen well, I took some time this weekend to prep for what's ahead.


  • I stocked up at the grocery store.
  • Planned a menu.
  • Prepped in the kitchen.


The rest - how it all plays out - well, there's nothing I can do about that. I do my part and trust that the rest will be as it's meant to be.
Here's what's for dinner at our house this week!

On Sunday I made Monday's dinner, fried up all my ground beef & sausage for Tuesday & Friday and prepped hamburger patties for Saturday.

Monday - Belgium Waffles for Breakfast (I mix up all my dry ingredients ahead of time so that it's easy to make it early in the morning)
Enchilada Pie for dinner (a dear friend made this, her mother's recipe for us years and years ago. It has staying in my recipe box ever since. I made it on Sunday so all I had to do was bake it on a busy night)
Recipe: 1 pound ground beef cooked & drained, mixed with 1 can cream of mushroom soup & cream of chicken. Layer tortillas of choice in a greased 9x13 pan. Top with meat mixture. Top with tortilla shells. Top with enchilada sauce of your choice (we go mild) and smoother with shredded cheese. Bake  at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with lettuce, tomato & in our home; Ranch dressing.

Tuesday - Baked Spaghetti & Garlic Bread

Wednesday - Italian Shredded Chicken Sandwiches (which I make all the time and love having leftovers for recipes coming next week!) & Baked Potatoes

Thursday - Crockpot Roast, Potatoes, Carrots & Blueberry Muffins

Friday - a new pizza recipe I snagged from Pinterest Pull A Part Pizza

Saturday - Frisco Melt Sandwiches

I also had a huge blessing this week - a ham & turkey! You betcha I'm researching some fun recipes for both! Thanks NR!


I enjoy linking up with OrgJunkie and her Menu Plan Monday! If you like menu's, need recipes - whatever go there! It's a HUGE link UP!









Find all my tried & true, Tribe approved recipes on my Pinterest Board