Translate

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful


You can complain all you want about
  • Black Friday madness
  • Stores that are open on Thanksgiving
  • and prematurely lit Christmas Trees

but we've yet to stop Thanksgiving.
It's still here. It's a real holiday.
It's sole purpose is to generate feelings of thankfulness.

This Thanksgiving I feel an extra special dose of gratitude.

Recently I had some health issues. The stress and strain of appointments and symptoms and insurance coverage weighed me down this year. But today, I am recovering, anticipating a clean bill of health and am appreciating every savory bit of Thanksgiving food I am blessed to enjoy.

We sent out oldest to college. My first born left the nest this year and she is soaring! I can't be more thrilled for her. I'm pleased with how our family regrouped in her absence and having her home around our table again is a comfort to my heart.

College was a miracle. We were not able to afford college for our daughter and we told her as much. She responded by working hard on her grades and applying for scholarships and she was rewarded greatly. Through the generosity of others as well as her school, she was able to attend the school of her choice. She loves where she is. We love where she is. We had a financial miracle. For that I am so grateful.

I was asked to write a book. It's every writer's dream to be approached with a book idea. That happened to me this year. And while the status of the project is on hold, the validation I feel in my heart about my calling to write was a life highlight for me. I am so, so thankful for having been asked.

I could go on and on. I could tell you about the corner office I landed this year or list every one of awesome kids one by one. I could tell you about my husband who, in my opinion, is one of the bravest men I know. His tenacity and maturity and sacrifice are utterly amazing.

But I won't.
Any more details about my gratitude are reserved for the inner chambers of my heart where I breathe in, close my eyes and feel the tears well up.
I am so thankful.
I am so blessed.
I love Thanksgiving.




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your health, your raising an incredible daughter, and for the book opportunity!

    http://calebs-story.net

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Smart Layers