Pages

Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

Menu Monday

After coming off a very hectic week with ball games & swim practices & evenings at work I sat down with a sense of pleasure and I look forward to this week. I get flustered when my schedule seems to dictate my life instead of my life dictating my schedule. As I anticipate having dinner with my family this week I submit to you this week's Menu Monday; what a working mother of 5 feeds her busy family!


Sunday - Chili
It's cold out. I love chili. I love leftover chili. This will be my lunch all week long. Yeah!

Monday-Crockpot BBQ Shredded Chicken with French Fries



Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Per Abby's request we are re instituting Taco Tuesday. This is the one meal my kid will never, ever refuse. I fried up extra ground beef and kept it in the fridge for later in the week.

Wednesday - Pizza Sub
Layer everything you love on your pizza on a hoagie bun (including sauce & cheese) wrap in foil and warm through. Yum! I fried up extra ground sausage to keep in the fridge for biscuits and gravy later in the week!

Thursday - Swiss Chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and biscuits
My husband loves this recipe! But I admit I leave the stuffing off some of the chicken because my kids baulk at the crunchy topping.

Friday - Spaghetti and Crockpot Meatballs & Sauce with Garlic Toast
One evening when I had a little extra time I made the meatballs, browned them in a pan and then kept them in the fridge until I planned to serve this recipe.

Saturday - Cheeseburger Wraps and french fries
This was a new recipe for us and honestly the kids initially scrunched their noses but everyone liked it! I made mine with pan fried onions and mushrooms. Even if you don't particularly care for mustard I recommend keeping it in the wrap. It was good. Also, how easy was this? Especially if you had ground beef in your fridge for easy go-to meals!

be sure to check out http://www.orgjunkie.com for a whole bunch of folks who menu plan!