Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Did You See THAT?!

I couldn't believe this video.
I had to rewind and watch it
I was sure it was a joke.

Go ahead and watch it. I'll wait.





I am appalled that I missed something obvious right in front of me.

Appalled.



It's just a silly video, right? Of course.
But how many other times have I missed the obvious right in front of me?
How many times has the truth been directly in my line of sight and I've overlooked it?
And does this happen to me often?

This really bothers me.

I'm serious.
Have I been so focused on a thing that I miss the big, black bear right in front of me?

I can't fight my human nature. If this is how I am wired - well, then it's how I'm wired - but at least now I can be more sensitive to this gaping flaw.

Maybe the next time I feel so grossly intent
and
find myself exerting an excessive amount of focus on a thing
I'll blink,
take a step back or
sleep on it.

We should be careful.
Where we put our attention is more important than we are actively aware of.
We often think we are so right and, yet, we are wrong; we're still missing what's right in front of us.

(Thanks SM for sharing this on Facebook!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers