Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Syrup!


There are 3 things I should never, ever, never, ever
run out of if I want to keep peace and harmony in my home:
1. Ranch Dressing
2. Ketchup or Catsup (if you prefer) and
3. Syrup
If it were possible I would also have nacho cheese on hand but I have yet a way to figure out how to acquire me one of them nacho cheese machines.
Sometimes at our house we have pancakes for breakfast. Grammy's homemade buttermilk pancakes. Mmmmmm'mmmm!
But when 7 people have all you can eat pancakes for dinner you should have enough syrup on hand.
Some people use this much syrup.
Most people use this size of syrup:
(nevermind the cutie-pie hiding in the background!)

But not MY Tribe. We require this much syrup:
Yep! That's right! That's A GALLON of syrup.
And when you put it all together it's a really a rather ridiculous sight:
Notice if you will the shapely syrup bottle: it's quite full. I filled it right before I rang the dinner triangle (ok I don't have a dinner triangle I have a dinner yell! "Who wants the first round of pancakes!!???"). But now notice the syrup bottle AFTER we demolished a double batch of pancakes:
Uh-huh! That's right....about 2/3rd demolished! In one sitting.
Needless to say, like Buddy the Elf, we Sikorski's try to stick to at least one of the four main food categories: candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup!




No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers