Translate

Monday, August 13, 2012

Give and It'll be Given - Mission Monday

Does what goes around come around?
And if it truly does wouldn't it shape everything we did
or said
or guide us in each and every relationship we have?

What if we lived treating others the way we wish to be treated?

Haven't you met those people who do treat others as they wish to be treated but only until it becomes apparent to them that they are not being treated the way they think they should be so they throw the theory out the window and instead begin to behave however they wish?





I emphatically believe our behavior has the power to affect the lives of others and, in a mysterious and direct way, ourselves.

I believe we should love ... everyone.
I believe we should smile at others.
I believe it is good to give a hug.
I believe an encouraging word to a weary soul is worth for more than money.


I also believe that the giving that really counts is the giving that costs me something.


I find myself in a season where I don't have a lot to give financially
but I have
my time, my words, my experience, my company, my education, myself ...

too often we believe the only valuable thing to give is that which we pay for with our debit or credit cards.

But I don't believe that.

I believe giving my kids my full attention is valuable.
I believe spending time with my loved one is valuable.
I believe listening, really listening, to others is extremely valuable.

Time. Attention. These I can give freely.



Roma children from my trip in 09

Because I believe this to be true, in just over three months I am going on a Mission Trip. I will be traveling to Slovakia and teaching in 2 impoverished Roma Gypsy communities to parents of children 0 - 6 years of age. It has been made known to our team that these children are entering school developmentally delayed thus making their educational experiences less than successful. That lack of proper education is an underlying factor in what propels the abject poverty these families live in. We believe we can help break that cycle by providing parents hands-on, age appropriate, developmental information that will assist them in giving their children the best possible start in life.

This trip requires funding. I have raised the bulk of the budget through my Tentmaking (aka retail) and with donations from individuals & the faithful congregation of the Methodist church and have just a few more dollars to raise. If you'd like to partner with me through resources I would be honored. (Please visit the board I made for the trip and look for the Donate button on the left side)



We all have something to give.
We all want someone to see us. To care for us.
Then perhaps we should be the ones to see. The ones to care.

"The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed" Proverbs 11:25



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers