Translate

Monday, June 25, 2012

Somebody I used to know.


I'm not young.
Neither am I old.
At 40 years of age I am right in the middle.
I am middle aged.

I am no longer quite naive and am just learning to recognize the mantle of wisdom gained only through my life's experiences.

I long to become wiser. But I believe only time will grant me such a wish.

However there is one thing I doubt I will ever understand.
The human relationship is a complex one.

Somebody You Used To Know, a song you made have heard on the radio lately by the band Gotye sings:
"But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough ...
Now your just somebody that I used to know."

I get we aren't in each others social circle anymore.
I don't think just because we were friends once we always have to be.
But what happened ... happened.
I was there with you when your child was born. You celebrated with me on my happy day. We made great memories together. Those were good times weren't they?
So why, now when you see me you pretend you don't.
Why do you go the other way in the grocery aisle?

History can't be changed.
You can't uncross paths.
We were there together.
Why do you pretend we weren't?

It's ok if we don't walk forward together. Really, it is ok. Lives move on. Seasons change. But I know you see me. Now you're just somebody that I used to know.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers