Pages

Translate

Monday, May 7, 2012

Menu Monday

It is Menu Monday here at To Write a Better Story.

And I've got no menu for you.
Turns out I can't even meet my own standard for cooking.

Sure we've got dinner in the crock pot right now but
2 kids are at a practice
Darling Hubby is out coaching
the teenager bops in and out so much I'm not sure whether she's coming or going
and I think the other 2 kids are around here somewhere....

o yeah, they're here, I remember! They just helped me carry in 6 bags of groceries so we'd have food for tomorrow.

Also, I just broke my cardinal rule of never going to the grocery store without a list.
I didn't have a list.
I don't have a menu.
Heck, I'm not even sure I had the money to buy the food we're about to consume.

Yeah, it's been like that lately.

Did I mention .... nah, forget it! Even to myself if I continue down that path it sounds a little whiny. And you now what? I'm alive!
I'm alive and well. Healthy enough to clean my kitchen (that my family left for me from 6:30 this morning, grrrrrr!!!). While the fries are cooking in the oven I've got 2 seconds to post Menu Monday and at least I had my wits about me to get something in the crock pot when I left the house this morning.

So Menu Monday? NO!
A recipe? Yes!
And a darn good one!
Mark this one down....it's my flippin lifesaver crock pot recipe:

Italian Chicken


In the crock pot add:
1 bag of frozen, boneless chicken breasts
1 can of Chicken Broth
1/4 cup of Pepperocini juice (optional - it just adds a hint of flavor-flav)
2 packets of dry Italian dressing

Cook on low until it easily shreds or falls apart. Serve on toasted buns with your favorite cheese (we love Provolone or Pepper Jack).

and by the way - leftovers are even better!
and BONUS!
keep any left over for ANY recipe you need that uses precooked chicken i.e. Enchiladas, Quesadillas, Burritos, Chicken & Rice casserole, Potato Chip Casserole, Chicken Noodle Soup, Cream of Chicken Soup, Chicken Nachos ........

Seriously ... it's that good!

Hope you are all well!
For what's left of this Monday - may you rock it!

For more awesome Menu ideas visit www.orgjunkie.com Her Menu Plan Monday is really great!