Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Did you see the Trees?


I just HAD to stop and take a picture of this gorgeous magnolia tree. I drive by it every morning on my way to school. One day out of nowhere, it seems, it was covered in blooms. Then before I knew it, the petals were dropping to the ground.
It's beauty is fleeting.
It made me feel kind of sad.



I also drive by this oak everyday.
Can you see it's still holding onto last year's leaves?
It never let go.
Spring is here but it has never let go of it's grungy, dead, brown leaves.

Doesn't this tree know Spring is here? It's time for new leaves!
I want to shake it's trunk and tell it now is not the time to hold on to the old.
I feel afraid this tree is going to miss out on the most beautiful time of the year.



This is the tree outside our home.
It's pretty isn't it?
It's a cherry tree that has never given fruit.
We planted it years ago and have yet to recieve one red, sweet cherry.



So for our anniversary last year we got a second cherry tree.
It's tiny, perhaps 3 feet tall. But maybe that's what we needed; a little cross pollination.
Will I get fruit this year?
I don't know but
I've been reminded of one very important lesson.
Look at the trees and see that
after the winter it's time to bloom,
(You know winter; the time of dark and barren coldness)
and turn green,
and drop old leaves.
Because there is a season to bear fruit.
And because I don't want my cherry trees to not fullfill their purpose.
Because I want fruit.
Cherry and otherwise.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. That magnolia is so beautiful! Reminds me a bit of the cherry blossom trees when we used to live in Victoria.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Smart Layers