Translate

Friday, March 30, 2012

Best of Times, Worst of Times - Finance Friday

It is Finance Friday on my blog.
The day of the week we're I've gotten into the habit of letting my feelings about our finances (or lack there of) fly freely across the keyboard.
It's been very ... um ... therapeutic.

So as I sit down today to reflect I am reminded once again of seasons.
Even though I wrote about that in another way just earlier this week.

I want the world to know so badly that it is so true ... it is ALWAYS darkest before the dawn.

Just a year ago, I was at the end of myself, my mental capabilities frayed beyond recognition of myself. While I whole heartily supported the shift in our life plans
I simultaneously feared the consequences.

40. Unemployed.
5 kids.
Tuition.
Gas Prices.
Fretting.
Defending.
Trudging forward.

Now I know, I KNOW what Charles Dickens meant when he wrote in A Tale of Two Cities:
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

How can - even with the gift of hindsight - one thing be simultaneously terrible and beautiful?

How?


As I reflect over the last year, it's been a very difficult and challenging time. Very. But that's just on the one hand. On the other hand, it's been a time of regrouping, resting and rebuilding with moments of utter refreshing.

Would we have had those moments, made those memories, if we weren't in the position we were in?
I think not.

Does that make it worth it?





It's been very dark. And a little lonely at times here at Sikorski Avenue but I've had my eye on the horizon and I think I see the dawn breaking.

And guess what?



I think it's going to be beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers