Translate

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Re-Occurring Characters

My motto is that my life is a story. And it's my desire that it be a good one. However and unfortunately that means it must have drama. I mean nobody loves a book/movie or story about a woman who lives happily ever after. She must overcome evil or triumph over her past or mend a shattered heart with a new lover.
These
settings, plots, themes and conflicts
are the elements of a good story.

And certainly my story has had
heartbreak
and joy
and laughter
and betrayal
and highs
and lows
and twists
and turns.

Who's doesn't right?

In addition, every story must have characters. Good stories have characters that we love or love to hate. But they are people that connect to us, draw us in and make us feel emotional. Every story needs characters.

If my life were a book right now, and you were my reader you would have met and fallen in love with my story's most popular reoccurring characters: The Gelhars.

The Gelhars are an amazing couple. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. It's been 20 years since we first met and none of us knew then that we were to become lifelong friends.

But beyond time and space, distance and diversions, heartaches and drama
these two have faithfully remained in our life.

I'm writing a better story with my life. And it's partly because of them.
Their love
support
kindness
gentleness
wisdom
generosity
and love of coffee
have made my story better. They haven't done any one thing that makes them stand out from any other character, they just simply and humbly pop up in a chapter every now and again. And every time they do the story just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks Gelhars.
Our story wouldn't be the same without you!


1995
2010

Who are the characters in your story? Would a reader love them? Hate them? Are you ok with what kind of drama they bring into your story? If not what can you do about it? If yes! Make them a reoccurring character!
If you like this entry or my blog would you
 the love please? And thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww! I truly hope my husband and I have friends that we will have 20 years later. That would make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like cameras and our style has come a long way as well! You know we love you like family and forever shall! The Tuesday after our trip to see you I noticed two grey haired couples driving in a car. The girls were in the back and the boys in the front, chatting away and smiling. It was soooo cute. It made me think of you and Aaron immediately and it made me smile. That will be us someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God we've adapted our styles! Can you imagine if I STILL dressed like that? Ha! Love you g'friend!

      Delete

AddThis Smart Layers