Pages

Translate

Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Monday

I love food. I love food so much. I love good food. I love when I cook good food. I love good food at breakfast! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I could eat biscuits and gravy, pancakes and omelets, cinnamon rolls and quiches E.V.E.R.Y.D.A.Y.

So not kidding.
So menu planning for me....well (dork alert!) ... I sorta enjoy it. I just simply don't want to eat bad food. I don't want to cook something for the sake of cooking something. I'd rather not eat than eat bad food. Gosh, I sound like a food snob don't I? Well, I probably am.

So some of you ask me "How do you do a menu so faithfully?" Well, I do it so I can eat good food. AND I do it because I hate the grocery store. I only want to go there one day a week, get everything I need and be done with it.

This week to save time I cooked taco soup, casserole and the chicken dinner on Sunday afternoon. It took a good hour but it was worth it because turns out our family schedule was INSANE this week. Maybe you'll be inspired to cook good food too! It's not hard! It just takes some good recipes, fresh ingredients and practice! Go on! Make something in your kitchen!

Here's my Menu:

Sunday
Crock pot taco soup

Monday
Italian Hamburger Casserole (thanks L.R.)

Tuesday
Sage Chicken & Sausage, Roasted Red Potatoes, Corn & Grands Biscuits
(Red Potatoes- washed, diced tossed with 1 or 2 TableSp olive oil. Sprinkle generously with your favorite seasoning. Baked on greased pan till fork tender.)

Wednesday
Leftovers (man did we have a lot! The first 3 recipes made a TON! Yeah!)

Thursday
Ham & Cheesy Potatoes with Biscuits

Friday
Campbell's Chicken Enchiladas with Rice and Beans
(I bought a Rotisserie Chicken deboned it and froze the meat for snap preparation!)

Saturday
Ribeye Steaks, Baked Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli


I also made:
Crecent Rolls Breakfast Casserole
Sorta Monkey Bread
Oatmeal Scotchie Cookies
Frozen Hot Chocolate