Translate

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hi, I'm Stephanie

Hi! What's your name?





It's nice to meet you!

My name is Stephanie and if you've found me today because of my guest post on Julie Lindsey's blog Musings from the Slush Pile thanks for taking the time to click over to my site.
Julie's was my first guest post ev-ah! and I am so thankful to her for the opportunity.

I'm nervous you won't like my blog or worse it won't catch your attention and you'll click by before I get a chance to meet you.

Truth is my blog itself isn't probably going to impress you.
I barely know how to set up a template.
I know nothing about WordPress.
I have a only handful of subscribers (who love me! Mu'wah! to you faithful readers I love you more!)
and my only writing "jobs" don't pay.

(sigh)

But I write from my heart.
And my heart is full lately.
Full of empathy for the over-worked, stressed-out parents out there who need just a s'midge of motivation (I call it Practical Parenting)
and
encouragement for the spiritually dry or cynical (Life thru my Lens)
or
to change the way you think about people living in poverty as statistically our family falls below .... quite a bit below .... national average household income levels (Finance Friday)
all
while raising 5 kids and supporting my student-husband AND trying to be a writer.

I'm struggling and learning and writing and sharing it all on my blog.
I made a decision 16 months ago that no matter what comes my way I will choose to live out my story well.

Come plot twists and betrayal and bread crumbs and minimum wage jobs ...
I will live my life, walk my journey and realize it all makes for one great story.
This is my blog.

I am writing a better story.

I thank you for visiting today!

I really, really thank you!




13 comments:

  1. I'm here from Julie's and I like your blog. Substance is key and you've got that. The rest doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, it's nice to meet you! Thank you for visiting, reading my blog and your kind comment! I really appreciate it! Do you blog? I'd be happy to visit your blog (I love reading others blogs and gleening ideas!) Stephanei

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your honesty is refreshing. And yes, I also clicked over from Julie's blog. I hope you receive a lot of positive traffic!

    And my guess is you are a Donald Miller fan with the "living a better story" comment.

    Lynne Scott - tailsfromthekennel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I do blog at lisahgolden dot blogspot dot com. I've been blogging since 2006 and it's always evolving, but I never quit because I love writing. I look forward to reading more of your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look forward to checkin' out your blog! Thanks again for visiting! Steph

      Delete
  5. Hi Conductor!
    Nice to meet you! Thanks for the honesty comment ... I do strive for just that. If my words aren't authentic then what's the use?? And, um, YES! I read A Million Miles by Don Miller at my lowest most cynical point. It clicked with me. It really clicked and is a transformative moment in my life! I went to Storyline last year!!! Write on! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great book and a great one to share with just about anyone.

      I was fortunate enough to spend a day on the set of Blue Like Jazz in November '10 - can't wait to see the movie!

      Isn't it so much easier to be honest than to be other than? It's too much work to pretend in real life.

      Delete
    2. ON THE SET!!!!
      flippin awesome! I saw a screening of it at the conference I too am pumped! Yeah for Don Miller!

      Delete
  6. I am really digging your blog. Honestly, I love simple blogs. If there is too much going on, I don't pay attention to it. Especially because it takes too long to load.

    Oh, and I am here because of Julie's blog. I found your post so honest and refreshing and am sure that your posts are like this all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Hi Ashley! Thanks for coming over! I appreciate your visiting and your comments! It's nice to meet you!

      Delete
  7. Hi Stephanie - found you through Julie Anne's blog (enjoyed your guest post there too) and I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences.

    I'm going to take a few minutes and "walk around" your blog. (I think it looks just fine!)

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Tracy. I teally appreciate you taking the time to stop over! Its nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stephanie...I too am a pop-over from Julie's. I enjoyed reading your blog and will click to join (if I can remember how..lol). I like your easy writing style very much.
    I just started blogging last month so I'm really new at this but if you'd like you can stop over at bagladysjournal.blogspot.com and see what you think. I don't just blog about writing though. I'm what you might call an ecletic blogger...hmmm, maybe I should change my blog title to that. At least you've been warned. :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Smart Layers