Translate

Friday, September 9, 2011

Finance Friday - a Hole


image from richcreditdebtloan.com
We're in the hole.

Significantly.

The kind of hole where
you pour the juice your kids haven't drank back into it's container rather than dump it down the drain.
The kind of hole where
the leftover milk from cereal gets reused.

The kind of hole where
I put water in the gallon of milk when no one's looking.



Where you
cut off the mold on bread and eat it
where you
serve your kids seconds before you eat your firsts
where you
don't waste even the toothpaste glob that fell off your brush and into the sink
where you
consider taking your child's birthday gift back for cash
where you
don't go to the grocery store even though you need to
where you
turn every bottle upside down for every last ounce of product
where you
avoid coworkers so you don't have to come up with an excuse for not accepting their lunch invitation
where
if it wasn't for free school lunch you know you're kids wouldn't eat
where
you reheat coffee rather than make a fresh cup
where you
tell your kids to try different socks to help alleviate toe smashing
where you
consider not buying school photos
and hope your kids don't find out about the fair.

Where you're
secretly happy you get invited over for dinner because the pantry's unbelievably low
where you
don't have 50 cents for a can of pop
and if something doesn't come in the mail soon you're in trouble.

image from finace-tips.org
It's Finance Friday on my blog. The day of the week where my thoughts flow the free-est and I'm petrified to post them. Despite the difficult season of finance we are in I remain faithful to my soul. To be brave, wise and to keep my head held high. My children will not see me cry over what we don't have. They will see me in my finest creative moment. I intend for my life to be written & lived out with so much humility and happiness that the combination is infectious. My check book may be screaming at me from the desk but my heart will not respond in panic nor fear. I will trust everyday that as I do my best and pray to God that my path will be forged ahead of me. It may be a rough patch now but it won't be forever.
This journey will not break me.
It will mold me.
And there is a difference.
I know.


I know all too well.



Would you like to have my blogs delivered directly into your email box? Enter your email address in the box & I'll hand deliver it myself.


Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop thinking about this article. I have thought about it all day.

    I am humbled by your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacia. Finance Friday has been the easiest to write and the hardest to post. Without faith I couldn't possibly survive this season with my sanity in tact.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Smart Layers