Translate

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

As I was leaving the house this morning my husband kissed me on the cheek and asked, "Are you ready?". I knew he meant are you:
prepared to take the children to school?
do they have their backpacks?
did you pack your lunch?
do you have everything you need?
don't forget to pick up Halee..... but that's not what I heard. When he asked me "Are you ready?" it meant something much different to me -I can't explain how or why but it just did.

I responded with, "I AM ready. I don't know what is coming my way today but whatever it is, I am, in fact, ready!"

Little did I know I was preparing for some of the best news of my writing career to date!

Look at the email I got today:





My local editor, who I have been faithfully writing for for years without any kickback, has asked if he can promote me!

My heart beat out of my chest. My fingers flew across the keyboard with excitement! My mind began racing immediately. My energy for writing has been renewed!

It's amazing how a smidge of encouragement can really put the wind back in your sails. It reminds me how much power a pat on the back has!

So while I'll keep writing and putting my best stuff out there, I'll keep my fingers crossed that somebody will find me, like me, pick me up and pay me for my articles!

I told you I was ready!


p.s. an encouraging word - a sincere, encouraging word goes a long way! Won't you find someone today to pat on the back? It might make all the difference in the world to them! 


p.s.s. Marty, if or when I get that book published ... you'll certainly find your name in the Acknowledgements ! Thanks a lot!



Because good news should travel fast ....I'd appreciate it if you like my blog to forward it on to a friend!

Would you like to have my blogs delivered directly into your email box? Enter your email address in the box & I'll hand deliver it myself.


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers