Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

End of the Month Report!

August is over. Today is the 31st.
I survived sending 5 kids and my hubby back to school.
I returned to school as well with a new job description
and we all survived albeit still adjusting to the new routine. (I think Libby is pleased though as she has the run of the house all day long ... lucky dog!)

While I've not done any specific blogs this month with the "To Write a Better Story" theme, I am pleased with how August shaped up. I have introduced 2 new categories:


&

Tuesday will continue to be Practical Parenting day as that is the day my article runs in the local paper.
I developed Monday and Fridays more for myself and my writing rhythm. I mean, if I had topics preassigned to a day I knew it would help guide my writing on the days that I sit and stare at the computer wondering what I want to share  I have writers block.

Interestingly enough those two particular categories have given me a lot of energy to write!
More than I've had in awhile ....
seemed like lately blogging was becoming a bit chore-some. Not so with Menu Monday or Finance Friday. Particularly Finance Friday. I have about 6 drafts of blogs for that category. The words just started flowing and that gives me energy! So excited!

I hope your enjoying my blog as well. But even if you are not ... it's ok. I'm writing for me. I would blog even if no one read it. I write because I like to. I write because if I don't I just think about writing ... so I might as well write it down to get it out of my head.


“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.”
-Cyril Connolly


I'll close with a link to my highest visited posts this month: Lonely Mothers No More

I got a TON of local feedback from moms who enjoyed the article. That makes me happy! If it's possible that my words would ever encourage someone, ever give you strength or, I pray, ever minister to you ... well, it would all be worth it!

Thanks for stopping by today!

p.s. writers, I got a lot out of Jeff Goins blog this week! Check it out!

Would you like to have my blogs delivered directly into your email box? Enter your email address below and I'll save you a click or two!

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers