Translate

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Singing Ke$ha


These are my twins. They are 6 years old. They love music. Particularly Ke$ha ... don't hate on that ... I'm fully aware her lyrics are a bit ...ahemmm, mature for my sweet little ones, however, at least they don't know ALL the words and let's face it this is just too darn cute. I think I actually paused cooking dinner for the Tribe (now that's really saying something!) to catch this mini-performance on camera.

If you're a parent of young children I'd love to hear how you deal with inappropriate lyrics on the radio?

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! For the longest time I thought sticking to 'family friendly' Christian radio would save me from that problem. It didn't.

    When they are too little to understand, I just laugh and take videos... When they are old enough that they should understand and don't, I let them know that the lyrics are inappropriate and why.

    It doesn't always keep them from singing them... but at least they quit singing them in the grocery store where the general public can hear.

    My biggest problem is my 5 yr old die-hard Michael Jackson fan who doesn't get that "Dirty Diana" isn't appropriate for WalMart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. That is adorable! You must be very proud of your little performers. They look like future superstars to me.

    Anyway, I don't have kids so I don't know how I'd deal with this problem. I think when they are too young to understand it's best not to worry about it other than trying to play other stuff most of the time. When they're older, explain it to them and try to limit their listening to it (at least, that's what my mom did to me).

    Hope that helps! Great video, and thanks so much for sharing it with us. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly hope that they are still naive enough to not understand the words. I think when time goes by and they get a little older we'll revisit this problem. Greet comments! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Smart Layers