- my 6 year old twins are dressed in their formals, pretending they are off to the prom
- my teenager is sitting at a laptop next to me working on her thesis paper about the Titanic
- my husband and sons have the kitchen torn apart installing a new garbage disposal
- and I just proofed my husband's first submission to the paper (he volunteered to be a sports reporter for last night's track event)
- McDonald's cups are scattered everywhere as we had a special treat today! (Mommy made $100 bucks in a friend's garage sale & treated the Tribe to the Dollar Menu) ((which costs a family of our size $30 bucks!!))
- I also have laundry waiting to be washed/dryed/carried up/folded/ put away in the basement
- a dog that's commandeered a stuffed rabbit much to the girls' dismay
- and I have yet to get a shower in today.
Most good bloggers advise to write everyday even if you don't publish everyday. If that's the measure then I would say I am accomplishing that. I may not post here, but I usually working on an article for the paper, writing in my journal, or working on a future piece. And while I've not found a rhythm, per se, I have found one precious day of the week.....
Wednesdays! I have come to love working on Wednesdays. In between standing appointments for work I sneak off to the library, to the very back corner and read and write & produce. Last Wednesday I stole 2 whole hours and felt like I got sooo much done! In fact, yesterday (Friday) and I sent my Practical Parenting article off to the paper because I got it done last Wednesday. (Sometimes I wait until Sunday night, just hours before my deadline to plunk out my article which realy distracts me from watching The Apprentice). I can't tell you how good it feels today, as the house is literally in disarray, that I have no deadline hanging over my head!
So for whatever remains of your weekend, I hope that you too, whether it is home improvement projects or baseball practice or open houses, have a wonderful weekend! Looking at my calendar, I don't expect to squeeze in any more writing this weekend for myself but for whatever the day holds may you enjoy it!